- Cover Pricing
- Submission Guidelines
- Your Own Imprint
- Why Wingspan
- Links & Useful Info
- Contact Us
- Author Login
- Publishing Agreement
New This Fall
Read More »
The Publishing Timeline
How long does it take to publish my book?
On average it takes 6 to 8 weeks from the time we receive all your materials until you hold the first printed copy of your book in your hands.
- From the first day you call or email us, your WingSpan customer service representative will work with you to define your vision for your book - cover, interior layout, available options - and to address any questions or concerns you may have about your book or the process. We want to make your book the best it can be.
- Once we have all the material going into your book - your final manuscript, photos and/or cover images, your synopsis and author info, plus the signed publication agreement, your book is given an ISBN and assigned to a designer. Layout and cover design begin.
- In 2 to 3 weeks you'll receive pdf proofs of the cover and interior. You may find typos that you missed the first time around, and note any necessary corrections and pass those back to us. Those corrections will be made and another set of proofs generated. We'll continue that process until we're both satisfied that your book is the best it can be.
- Upon your approval of the cover and interior designs, your book will go to quality control where we'll make sure that everything is in order and that your book files meet our highest quality control specifications and are ready for the printer.
- A week to 10 days later, the first printed copy of your book will be on its way to you, and will be available for your personal orders.
- At the same time, it will be released for distribution and will begin appearing at online retail sites like Amazon.com, BN.com and others and will be available for sale worldwide. Note that this process may take 1 to 2 weeks for both the listing and the cover to appear online.
- As always, your WingSpan Press representative remains available to answer your questions and help you get started promoting and marketing your book. Great customer service is always a part of the deal at WingSpan Press. That's why we're America's favorite self publishing company.